Community Organizer Workshops
What will I learn?
The workshops are condensed version of a semester-long leadership, organizing and action course at Harvard. Teams bring their real life goals and real life problems, and use the workshop as a pressure- cooker building and strategizing session.
Each participant will learn the following five practices:
1. How to articulate a story of why you were called to lead, a story of those whom you hope to mobilize, and a story of action: self, us, and now.|
2. How to build intentional relationships as the foundation of purposeful collective actions.
3. How to structure a team with shared purpose, ground rules and roles for effective leadership.
4. How to strategize turning resources into the power to achieve clear goals.
5. How to translate strategy into measurable, motivational, and effective action.
What does the workshop cost?
The cost per person is $100, which helps us provide excellent training and cover logistical expenses.
However, scholarships are available and inability to pay will not be a barrier for participation! The workshop includes five meals and a 100-page workbook.
How long does it last?
The full workshop lasts 2.5 days. One person from each team will serve as a facilitator for their group (not necessarily the leader, but someone who will shepherd their group through the workshop). This person will attend an extra 1.5 days of facilitator training beginning the day before the workshop.